Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cataclysmic Cyclical Cynicism

Cataclysmic Cyclical Cynicism.

Try saying that three times in a row, or harder yet, just try typing it once, without errors!

If you believe that life and all its elements are cyclical, then we're on the same team. And if not, I didn't want to play with you anyway! Of course, I'm teasing except about the part of all things being cyclical. I believe it because I've lived it. The mysterious element is the cognizance to recognize that you have cycled back to where you've been before and that nothing except everything has changed since you were here the last time.

If it feels familiar, chances are you've worn it before.
If it smells good, chances are you ate in the past.
If your wallet seems thinner today, chances are you spent it all yesterday.

Its all a cycle. Politics, love, war, weight gain. And then it cycles back again. War, politics, divorce, weight gain.

Too bad we don't have choices of cycles like we do on the washing machine. I've done the Permanent Press Cycle and the Heavy Wash Cycle. I'm tired. I'd like to do the Gentle Cycle this time. How about you?

See you later - between the lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment