Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Always On the Wrong Side of the Door

Don't get me wrong.

I love my family. My two daughters are the sunshine of my every day. My sister - a mirror image of myself and a loving opportunity to change and improve at every turn. My boyfriend - the love of a lifetime - generous, kind and gorgeous. I'm a lucky person.

But then, there is the unconditional love of the four-legged, scratching, fighting, barking, bed-hogging, disgusting breathed, neurotic furballs that shadow my every move, every day.

My daughters can ask for 30 things a day from me; my animals ask for only 3 - love, food, and "Help, Mom! I'm on the wrong side of the door, again."

Don't get me wrong. I love my family, but oh those animals. They know how to steal my heart without a word.

The race is on for my greatest affection and I admit, it's looking like a 'photo finish.'

Gotta run...the litter box is calling my name.

**Tomorrow: Donald disappears without filing a flight plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment